Different operating requirements require different designs. The company's product development and application technology are bundled into one unit to provide the best possible support for customers and to offer the best individual solution - whether to adapt an existing product or to develop a new design. Based on many years of experience and expertise, GOETZE® has developed a robust analysis tool for the design of face seals.
This tool makes it possible to evaluate new sealing geometries by simulation, or to find solutions for existing problems with customer applications. The virtual design is then validated by a series of laboratory and test bench trials, which include preload, spring characteristics, temperature and wear parameters. Special requirement tests, such as long-term and mud box tests, supplement validation.
In the 60-year history of manufacturing mechanical face seals, a number of designs have been developed for specific constructional and operational situations which can in principle be used for an extended range of applications. In all cases the seal sets have performed outstandingly well in rough daily operating conditions.
In particular, the inverted seal ring design provides a considerable savings potential with respect to the cross section and the manufacturing technology.
There are also special designs of the seal type 76.95 available, which have been developed specifically for applications with extreme mud impact.
We recommend contacting our engineering team if you plan to use the type 76.93 in your application.
Mechanical face seal type 76.93 are special designs (versions A and B) including inverted seal rings and designs specifically for applications with extreme mud impact.
- Material: Duronit or Coronit cast iron
- Seal elastomer(s) used in standard seals: Version A: NBR 60, HNBR 60, HNBR 60CF; Version B: NBR 60, HNBR 60CF
- Seal Weight Range (standard parts): Version A: 709 to 2052 grams; Version B: 1310 to 7790 grams
- Seal Ring Outer Ø Range (standard parts): Version A: 209 to 322.5 mm; Version B: 237 to 695 mm
- Seal Ring Inner Ø Range (standard parts): Version A: 177 to 292 mm; Version B: 216 to 660 mm
- Seal Set Height Range (standard parts): Version A: 8.875 to 39.5 mm; Version B: 24 to 43.5 mm
- Detailed Seal and Housing Dimensions: see reference brochure
- Many standard and custom sizes available